Through a partnership with Google, University of Minnesota students, faculty, and staff can access a suite of Google-powered applications including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, and Sites.
Your @umn.edu email is hosted at Google and can be accessed via mail.umn.edu
- A label helps organizing messages into categories. To create a new label, click more > create new label.
- Filters are automatically apply to all incoming mail, e.g. move all mail from John Doe to a label called “Doe.” To create a filter, click settings > filters > create a new filter.
See also: it.umn.edu/services/all/messaging-calendaring/email/using-gmail
You can keep track of your social, academic and work commitments using Google calendar.
With Google Drive, you can create and share word processing documents, spreadsheets, and presentation online, and collaborate with others on projects.
- To create a document, click create > select the type of document.
- To upload a document, click the upload icon (next to create) > select files or folder > browse. A document can be uploaded as a Microsoft Office document or converted to a Google document for online collaboration. You can modify your default conversion settings.
- To share a document or folder, right click on the document > share > enter email addresses.
See also: it.umn.edu/services/all/collaboration-web-content/document-collaboration/google-drive
An easy way to create a secure website for projects, classes, events, or organizations.