Official user guides
Open a server project
- Within the NVivo Client software, click on File -> Open
- From the drop-down in the bottom right, choose "NVivo Server Projects"
- If you haven't already set up the connection to the HHH NVivo Server, click "Add"...
- Enter "HHH NVivo Server" for the Connection Name
- Enter "hhh-nvivo.oit.umn.edu" for the Host
- Choose "Connect as..." as appropriate:
- If you are connecting from a University of Minnesota Windows computer, choose "Connect as Current Windows User"
- If you are connecting from any other computer, choose "Connect as Specified User", then enter your username in the format "AD\<internet id>". Enter your normal University password in the password field.
Add users to a project
Note: you have to be set up as a Project Owner before you can add users to a project.
- Click on File -> Info -> Project Properties...
- Click the Users tab
- Click the Groups tab
- Choose the permission level you want (e.g. "Contributors") and click Add...
- Type in the name of the user you want to add, in the format AD\<internet id> (e.g. "AD\dickx075")